What's this all about then?

Follow my attempt to cycle from the very north of Sweden back home to London

Friday 6 July 2012

Sorsele, whohoo

This morning I set off with the three cyclists I met yesterday at the camping. It turned out they were quite tired from four days of hard cycling and in the end I speeded up a bit and left them behind. I'm sure we'll meet again, they are young and fit whereas I ....

The first 85km were VERY hilly. Leaving my lunch place Arvidsjaur I found myself in a gradual 20km climb only to realise that the real steep climbs started after that, puuuh.

With 15km to go I got caught up in a massive, vicious thunderstorm. Just before a wall of water hit me I found a very, very nice man who let me join him in his car waiting for the rain to pass. It took more than an hour. Thank you Ingemar (please send me an email) for helping me, it would have been dangerous being on the road under those conditions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Great that you made it safe to Sorsele. Of course I was helping you from the rain when I so luckily was in place with the car! You wrote that I could send an email, but I cant find
    an address to you? But my email is: hunterone66@hotmail.com It was a great pleasure to meet you and I wish you good luck on your journey! By the way, when I got home, the rain had made it IN to our house through the roof! There were puddles in the hallway, in the stairway and in one of the bathrooms. So, it definitely was raining hard. It came 21 mm during the hour we sat in the car! Best regards// Ingemar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that people like Ingemar exist when most needed :). Lets hope that we all get better weather tomorrow.
    /Ted, one of the three cyklists. ( currently in Arvidsjaur)

    ReplyDelete