What's this all about then?

Follow my attempt to cycle from the very north of Sweden back home to London

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Östersund

I got carried away in the nice weather yesterday, or as my wife would put it, I was a bit of an idiot. In Strömsund, after 128km, I realised it was only ~100km to Östersund, the first proper town on my trip. I just had to do it..... arriving around 1am after 240km, 150 miles, for the day I was regretting my decision badly. It was hard work the last three hours.

Rest day today, both me and the bike are due for service. The bike in the nearest bike shop, me I'm the nearest bar.

Pictures:
The bear in the picture was 32 years old and weighed 280kg when it was shot just metres from where I was passing. The woman telling me this tried to wond me up with all sorts of horrible stories about bears attacking cyclists in her village.

Blue sky from under a tree where I had a short snooze.

1 comment:

  1. Top picture: why are you wearing a bear suit and why is that person having sex with you?

    ReplyDelete