What's this all about then?

Follow my attempt to cycle from the very north of Sweden back home to London

Saturday 7 July 2012

Short day ending in Storuman

Yesterday's hills made me really tired. I was aiming for another 125km but felt after 200m that was never going to happen. In the end I settled for 71km and ended up in Storuman, http://m.google.co.uk/u/m/z9zIOs

I can tell I've left the most northerly parts behind. When cruising through a river valley (Vindelälven) there were literally a house/hamlet every five kilometers, quite nice for a change.

Tomorrow look like the last day of sunshine for a long time, I'll try to use it to my advantage and press on to Dorotea, 130km.

Pictures:
I like the name Blattnicksele, just wanted to share it.
Train bridge across Vindelälven. For those of you interested in scenic train journeys, have a look at http://inlandsbanan.se
High life in Storuman. I could hear people screaming in the distance, there is a "swamp soccer" tournament in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment