What's this all about then?

Follow my attempt to cycle from the very north of Sweden back home to London

Sunday 8 July 2012

Forced stop in Vilhelmina

When I set off this morning I was convinced the weather would stay dry. It did, for about 28km. Just when I'd negotiated 10km of slippery road due to road works the rain started chucking down. I was soaked through in twenty minutes, water proofs are very much mislabeled. After just over 40km of agony I hit a town, Vilhelmina, and that was it for the day.
I'm now holed up in a hotel where they let me use their washing machine for free provided I washed a few loads of towels for them, bargain!
I'm not going to predict anything about tomorrow's achievement, the weather looks rotten. It would be nice to leave Lappland (the most nortern county) behind but I need to cycle ~100km to do that, not easy to do in rain when you are a fair weather cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment