What's this all about then?

Follow my attempt to cycle from the very north of Sweden back home to London

Friday 29 June 2012

Kilpisjärvi, at last

A three bus ride took me to Karesuando, almost as far north as you can go on public roads in Sweden and certainly as far north you can go and still continue somewhere. In Karesuando I was met by Elli-Marja, the fastest taxi driver this side of the arctic circle, 45 minutes and 110 kilometres later we were in Kilpisjärvi, Finland.
A couple of pictures
The hotel I'm staying in with a 1000m mountain behind it.
A view across the lake, the mountain is Pältsan, 1445m high. As you can see spring hasn't made it there yet. Tomorrow I'm crossing the lake (in a boat) in my search of the end of the civilised world.
A picture of the main road, very busy 24/7.

I'm now off for a well deserved sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment