What's this all about then?

Follow my attempt to cycle from the very north of Sweden back home to London

Monday 14 May 2012

Oxford to London

Last week I got a new cassette which allowed me to finally go on a long ride with full panniers. I've been very reluctant to go up any hills fully loaded without granny gear but now....
Yesterday I got up early, on the 8.03 out of Paddington to Oxford and started cycling at 9.20. It turned into a lovely day, sunshine, wind from behind, not much traffic. Only problem was that I got completely lost just outside Oxford but after 20 minutes I was back on track.
In the end I did just over 80 miles which is ~15 miles more than I'll try to average per day when in Sweden. Three or four more rides like that, two onn consecutive days, and I should be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment